Education and teaching• Studied drawing and painting at the EMCC in Holguin, Cuba (1973-1979)
• Attended informal courses in painting, drawing and sculpture at the EPA and the House of Culture in Holguin, Cuba.
• Entered the FP Hermanos País in Havana (1980-1981) studying Russian and physical sciences.
• Finished High School then began at the Faculty of Physics of the University of Oriente, Santiago de Cuba, which is linked to the Joseph J Tejada school, and where he received training in painting, drawing and printmaking.
• Work as a teacher in the professional art school of Holguin.
• Work as a designer and prototyper of wooden sculptures in the design workshop of local industries. Holguin.
• Part of the group of plastic artists "Leopoldo Romañach". Holguin.
• In 1983 became a member of the TG of Holguin, beginning his studies of lithographic techniques and other mediums.
• Lithographic print Making in Holguin.
• Participate in the lecture given by Cuban graphics teacher Joseph Contino in the TG of Holguin.
• Prints lithographs painting masters as Luis Cabrera, Angel Alfaro, Ernesto García Peña, Carballo and others.
• Workshop taught by Andrew Vlady, Mexican lithographer, Kyron director of Atelier.
• Lectures presented by Williams Haiter on Haiter intaglio printing system in the ISA Printmaking Workshop.
• Printing and advice on rescuing lithographic images with The Carpenters.
• Participate in SERICUBA 90, René Portocarrero printing workshop, Havana, Cuba.
• Collective experiences with other artists like Julio Mendez, Nelson Garcia, Osvaldo Alvarez, Jorge Hidalgo, Miguel Angel Leuven, Angel Alfaro, Tamayo, Luis Miguel Valdés and Isidro Botalín.
• Print and technical advisor to the students in the course of painting and engraving with Tania Angulo, Maria del Pilar Reyes, Tamara Fields, Yaquelín Abdullah, Tonel, in the engraving workshop of the Instituto Superior de Arte.
. • Woodblock printing workshop teaches at the Gallery Jorge Arche, Arabos, Matanzas.
• Offered free courses to students drawings and prints not linked to the arts in communities in Chile, Cuba and Portugal.
• Teaching painting and printmaking at the Old Bank Building in Leiria Portugal, organized by the Municipality of Leiria Portugal.
• Create programs of study in visual arts for tutoring and collective communities.
Collective Exhibitions• Current works as well as other artist's work on display at 209 calle Obispo, Old Havana, Cuba.
• 2004 From landscape artists. Origins Gallery. C Havana. Cuba.
• 2003 Collective. Pedra do Guilhim Gallery. Nasare, Portugal.
• 1999 Small Format, Estoril Casino. Portugal.
• Keloids 1997, House of Africa, C. Habana, Cuba.
• Polychrome than black, Quintana Gallery Monterde. Mexico.
• Afro-Caribbean Art. Centre for Caribbean Studies. York. USA.
• 1996 Cuban Painter, Geneva.
• Novísimos 1995 Cuban Artists. Former Bosque de Chapultepec. Mexico.
• 1994 Landscapes, La Acacia Gallery. C Havana. Cuba.
• Recorded 1992 Contemporary Cuban Museum work. Florianópolis. SC Brazil.
• City Hall 1991. Paintings. Light and Crafts Gallery. City of Havana.
• Project Group 1990 The sculptured object. CDAV. City of Havana. Cuba.
• CIPE 1989. Museum of Education. Plaza de la Catedral. Havana. Cuba.
• 1988 First Exhibition of Cuban Grafics in Guadalajara. Mexico.
• 1986 Collective, Young Creator House. C Havana. Cuba.
• 1985 Workshop 85. Holguin. Cuba.
• Arts Salon 1984. Holguin. Cuba.
• Prints First National Event. Workshop 84, Havana, Cuba.
• 1983 First Exhibition of Graphic Workshop in Holguin, Cuba.
• Collective 1982 with the group Leopoldo Romañach Holguin
Solo Exhibitions• Current works on display at 209 calle Obispo, Old Havana, Havana, Cuba.
• Landscapes 2004 Apparent and Ash Wednesday. Capital Havana. Cuba.
• 2004 Forgotten Fragments 2003. Villena Gallery. UNEAC. C Havana. Cuba.
• 2004 Forgotten Fragments. ICAIC Cultural Center Gallery. Havana. Cuba.
• 2003 Black and White. Rodriguez Lobo Gallery. LRA. Portugal.
• 2002 The Island Weight. Galleria Ponte de Sor Library. Portugal.
• Noli me Tangere. Augusto Bertholo Gallery. VF. Portugal.
• 2001 Sacred Island. gallery Old Bank of Portugal. LRA. Portugal.
• 2000 State of Trance. Artur Bual Gallery. Amadora. Portugal.
• 2000 Habanecer in Leiria.Galeria Old Bank of Portugal. LRA. Portugal
• 1998 Alvaro 's. Human Gallery. Regina. Canada.
• 1997 Tribute to Chango. Alternative Space Life Master. Santiago de Chile. Chile.
• 1996 Ace of Aces. René Portocarrero Silkscreen Workshop. Havana. Cuba.
• 1996 Expo Duro. International Press Center Gallery. Central Havana. Cuba.
• 1994 The Waste Land. Galleria Vittorio Emanuele. C Havana. Cuba.
• 1993 Italian Landscape Painting and Cuban painting landscapes. Havana Gallery, C Havana. Cuba.
• 1992 I'm Happy. Paintings. Gallery 23 and 12. C Havana. Cuba.
• 1987 Interior of man. Engravings. Galería Jorge Arche. Arabos. Matanzas.
• 1987 Confrontation. Tele Crystal Gallery. Holguin. Cuba. bipersonal Osvaldo Alvarez and Alvaro Almaguer.
• 1986 Notiformas. prints. gallery W Lam. Holguin.
• 1983 Staff Expo First Paintings and Prints. Holguin. Cuba.
"Landscapes Apparent and Ash Wednesday", words to the project in the Capitol of Havana 2003, Diana E Gonzalez Palacios, Lic Arte.UH history. Cuba.
• Morning Mail. Celebrities by Francisco Pedro .2000. Leiria. Portugal.
Works are in the Private Collections of:Mr. Antonio M Andrino and Pereira. Portugal.
Mr. Filipe & Enrique.
Mr. Luis Febra. Portugal.
Mr. Joaquín Abreu. Portugal.
Mr. Guido Snop. Germany.
Mr. Silvio Hausfelder.
Mr. Marc M. G. Canada
Works are also in private collections in: Germany. France, USA, Finland, Canada, Spain, Holland, Greece, Italy, Norway, Chile, Mexico, England, Australia, Turkey, Russia, Belgium, Brazil, Argentina, China, Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore. UAE,
Collection in Museums.Museum of Latin American Art in Florida.
USA. Engraving Museum. Mexico.
Museum of Work. Brazil.
Museum of Modern Art in Amadora, Portugal.
Museum of Anthropology, Finland.
Museum of Fine Arts. Cuba.
Gallery located at: No. 209 Obispo, Old Havana, Havana, Cuba. Between Cuba and San Ignacio
Studio located at: #112 - 21 Bernaza street, Old Havana Cuba. Between Obrapia and Lamparilla
Tel: 863 9705.
Mobile: (+535) 245-6178